Based on this information, I make some speculative refinements and assumptions:
1) There are already vertical and pan-category products on the market to serve the users of e-sports enthusiasts by providing content consumption, and their selling points are different (such as a better atmosphere for watching live broadcasts or replays at station B, and the commenting atmosphere of Hupu). Better, Weibo's team star dynamics are more timely); then it is difficult to attract them to use you simply by making a content product, after all, users have already developed a certain path dependence.
2) The content of the vast majority of e-sports enthusiasts just needs to be partial to the event itself (such as: live broadcast, replay, battle results), and more serious fans will pay attention to the subdivisions behind the event.
3) The vast majority of users are lazy. They will only find part of the event information on their commonly used (path dependent) platforms, and country email list heavy users will pay attention to multiple platforms for inquiries.
2. The problems and opportunities of the current product are thrown
I will put the conclusion first and then analyze it below:
1) In the early stage of content aggregation, priority should be given to crawling, screening, operation, and display: information content such as game content and game results, to weaken the long-tail fragmented content.
Their core just needs to be: to serve the laziness of users.
3) [Give users high-quality content to save users’ time for selection] Optimize the sorting of content in subdivided topics: either control and filter from the quality of the content source itself, and then sort by the timeline; or let go of the quality control of the content source , but the list is sorted by content popularity and quality.
A qualitative description of MVP in one sentence may be: through the aggregation of season game content, results and other just-needed information content, to address the lazy pain points of mainstream users; to provide users with a one-stop content consumption service experience to help users with the least time and the easiest way Operation, complete the follow to the event.
2. Small background for reference
1. About the immediate early version
Immediately is a product born in 2015. It started as an RSS information subscription and push tool. Later, with the increase in the number of users, it transformed into a circle-like community. After it was taken off the shelf and re-launched, it transformed into a comprehensive social network. The highest DAU was more than 2 million before it was taken off the shelf.
The early official publicity introduction is as follows: Immediate is a minimalist information push tool based on interest, users can follow the people, information and events they are interested in; Immediately will automatically track the corresponding dynamics, easily, efficiently and timely. High-quality information that users really care about; at that time, there were already aggregated products such as Qingmang, Pea Pod List, and Toutiao, but it still broke through.
The themes designed by hand selection are quite sharp and interesting;
Made a "manageable and personalized recommendation" through subscription and PUSH.
The background at the time:
The content is overloaded, and many Internet elites and people in the literary and art circles will have anxiety about information explosion;
The personalized recommendation algorithm is not particularly perfect, including the initial user data and behavior, and the algorithm needs continuous manual training and calibration (point content is not interesting);
All kinds of content aggregation platforms are in the traffic flow. Without perfect operation rules, there will be many situations where the title does not match the content. So that some people feel that they do not want to be a slave to the algorithm.